Store Manager - Lakeside
Flying Tiger Copenhagen started in 1995 in stylish Copenhagen. We have developed from a modest outlet to a recognised chain with 800 stores across 30 countries.
We opened our first UK store in Basingstoke in 2005, opening stores nationwide since then and are embarking on an ambitious UK expansion plan.
Our mission is to provide our customers with stylish products, in a fun and pleasant environment, at astonishingly good value. Flying Tiger Copenhagen is a variety store with a difference.
We look for staff who are enthusiastic and passionate about retail. Ambition and common sense matched with creative thinking and bags of enthusiasm are the key qualities we look for.
We are currently recruiting for a Store Manager to join our Lakeside store!
Store Manager: Job overview
The Store Manager is in charge of the day to day running and profitability of the store including re-ordering, facilities, health and safety and staffing whilst ensuring their team, delivers professional, friendly and timely customer service at all times.
The Store Manager works closely with; their Area Manager and our Managing Director to implement strategies for improving sales, HR to implement and ensure adherence to employment policies; the Office and Facilities Manager to ensure that store facilities are legally compliant and operating effectively.
Store Manager: Key responsibilities
• Manage the profit and loss accounts for the store, ensuring that sales deliver against forecasts and expenses (principally salaries) remain within budget.
• Devise weekly rotas, submit 4 weekly advance rota plans
• Work closely with the Facilities Manager to ensure that security, licences and supplier relationships
• Ensure that all employees mirror Flying Tiger Copenhagen’s approach to customer service, delivering genuinely friendly, helpful and flexible customer service, listening to the customer and anticipating their needs; providing one on one coaching where potential issues are identified
• Ensure that all employees are aware of their obligations and receive appropriate training and induction in Security and Health and Safety,
• Ensure that all staff benefit from a structured induction (General Flying Tiger Copenhagen & store specific)
• Ensure that all staff are appropriately managed, supported and supervised in line with Flying Tiger Copenhagen’s policies, including the appraisal procedure
• In consultation with management and HR develop and train all members of staff appropriately
• Accurately record hours of work for all staff and submit these records to HR and payroll within published deadlines
• Effective stock management – maintain the agreed level of stock at all times, prepare twice weekly orders for review by the Area Manager (and revisions to orders where appropriate) and maintain a thorough understanding of the stock list, what items are on order and when deliveries are due
• Check stock against delivery notes as stock arrives and liaise with transport company to ensure that stock arrives at agreed times
• Ensure that all stock is priced and comply with Trading Standards
• Effective management of merchandising, building in variances in daily and seasonal trading
Store Manager: The Person
• Minimum of 2 years management experience in a fast-paced company
• Can confidently make decisions
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Organized with proven ability to prioritize and lead a team
• Flexible and adaptable in your approach with the ability to multi-task
• Self-managed and able to hit the ground running
• Excellent communication and coaching skills via written (including MS Outlook, Excel and Word) and spoken English
• Ability to build a quick and strong rapport with other individuals
• Flexible with hours and peak periods of work essential
Flying Tiger Copenhagen offers a rewarding and fun place to work. We have a Scandinavian management style with a relaxed and professional attitude. Much effort is made to train, mentor and develop our teams.
If a career at Flying Tiger Copenhagen excites you and you have the necessary skills and experience we require, please send us your CV, covering letter, salary details (current and required) and notice period.