HEMA is a Dutch lifestyle brand that first opened its doors in Amsterdam 1926 and launched in the UK in 2014.
Everyone at HEMA shares a passion: to make daily life easier and more fun. The HEMA brand is built on the ideal balance between good quality, good design and great prices.
HEMA UK currently has 10 stores within the UK both in and outside of London and we are currently recruiting for Store Managers for 40 hours per week.
Job Summary and Key Accountabilities:
Accountable for the excellent day to day running of your store and being a Brand Ambassador delivering all brand expectations to our customers.
- Accountable for driving the sales performance via the delivery of excellent operating procedures and a focused customer service culture
- Control payroll within specified budgets
- Control all stock management to deliver stock loss targets
- Actively target growth of all other KPI targets
- Deliver the brand’s expected customer service standard leading by example and through your team
- Actively seek opportunity to increase your customer base
- Become the local expert by taking an active interest in local events and opportunities in your community
- Responsibility for Health & Safety for your team and customers
- Ensure the management team and colleagues performs to the expected levels
- Highlight and develop potential within the team
- Inspire and motivate the team to achieve goals
- Actively schedule hours to reflect the needs of the business and remain within the payroll budget
- Participate in the recruitment process when required
- Through your own behaviour become the Brand Ambassador to your team and customers at all times
Visual and Commercial:
- Ensure shop floor meets the Company’s visual and commercial standards at all times
- Ensure feedback is given regarding potential product and marketing opportunities
- Ensure the shop is maintained to expected levels using the correct reporting from Head Office
- Actively contribute to the store’s marketing strategy
- Maintain the organisation of the back of house areas to the Company expectations
- Support to process deliveries and transfers to company standards
- Ensure communication is maintained at all levels through the agreed methods
- Ensure accuracy of stock data using HEMA processes (stock control, “eye balling”, negative stock control, etc) Manage all controllable costs to keep operations profitable
- Ensure all cash handling procedures are carried out securely and comply with company policies and procedures
- Ensure all Company Policies & Procedures are carried out fully
- Ensure all administration is completed on time and to deadline and meets Company standards
- Perform any additional duties deemed necessary and reasonable as instructed by a Senior Manager
- To keep up to date with new practices and legislation that may impact your area of responsibility
- Represent the brand in local marketing committees, in local community, in shopping centres’ meetings
- Respect HEMA norms in terms of Press relations
If this sounds like the right role for you, apply today!