England,London,City of London
Westfield Stratford, London
Timberland's vision is to be the largest, most sustainable outdoor lifestyle brand on Earth. In pursuit of this bold goal, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, to protect and restore the outdoors, and to serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. In our view, making premium, beautifully crafted products for the outdoor lifestyle, and being a responsible corporate citizen, are inextricably linked. It's simply how we do business.
We are seeking a Store Manager to join our Westfield Stratford, London store team.
As the Store Manager, you will maintain overall responsibility of the store, strive to create the highest standards which helps create a memorable shopping experience. You will manage the store efficiently within preset budget guidelines and maximize profit performance by achieving sales targets and controlling costs. You will also ensure that the brand and its product are portrayed at the highest standard.
Job duties include
* To recruit competent staff who represent the brand and its image while maintaining quality communication skills to ensure excellent customer service
* To build and develop a team that individually as well as collectively fully inherits the true meaning of the brand, fully understands company policy & procedure, and in turn creates a store of excellence for the customer to shop in
* Responsible for ensuring that all products are displayed to the company standard and that attention to detail is maintained at all times. Ensure that all new lines are merchandised on the shop floor within 24 hours of receiving shipment
* Responsible for carrying out all staff appraisals and counselling/disciplinary procedures as laid out in the employee handbook in conjunction with conversations with your HR representative
* Ensure all company administration is kept up-to-date and relevant information is passed on to head office on time
To join us you will need:
* Relevant experience as a Store Manager or an Assistant Manager in a large store within a fashion lifestyle branded multiple or high profile independent retailer
* At ease with organizing and running team briefings, people management & motivational skills
* Excellent spoken and written command of English (if not native language). Other Languages would be a plus but not required
* Good understanding of merchandising, managing floor space and product densities, knowledge of H & S, commercial awareness. Managing stock levels, recruitment & selection
* Computer literate with good understanding of MS Office packages
* General knowledge of Social Media and digital trends
* Must be willing to travel on occasions
In return, we offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, generous uniform allowance, group discounts and a contributory pension scheme.
The Inside Track
You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know our brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, we outfit people of all walks of life. In fact, we have more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with about 60,000 associates. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Our five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®.
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.