About Hamilton & Inches
Established in 1866, Hamilton & Inches is one of the country’s leading jewellers and silversmiths by Royal Appointment to Her Majesty, The Queen.
Hamilton & Inches exudes timeless elegance, and retails its own and world leading brands from beautiful listed buildings at its flagship showroom in George Street, Edinburgh.
Hamilton & Inches is embarking on a new strategy for growth and an opportunity has arisen for a results driven retail Store Manager to be responsible for all sales and operational aspects of store management.
The Store Manager role is an exciting opportunity to join Hamilton & Inches. You will lead and inspire the Store team in an atmosphere where delivering superb service is at the core of everything. You will develop innovative retail store strategies to increase footfall and maximise profitability.
The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. You will have a background in retail management preferably in the jewellery, watches and silverware sectors or within HNW retail. You will be willing to relocate.
Lead the team and achieve business and personal objectives by:
• Creating a highly motivated and engaged team which works towards the same goals
• Overseeing the development of the team through training and regular reviews
• Recognising and celebrating success, providing feedback, coaching and support when personal development is needed
• Communicate effectively with the Store team, peers and rest of company managers /supervisors.
Maximise Sales, Profit and Service by effectively:
• Leading by example to ensure superb service is delivered
• Challenging and driving sales using good commercial acumen and reports to make sound decisions
• Achieving financial objectives by analysing variances from budget and initiating corrective actions
• Achieving high commercial standards through the team
• Identifying sales trends, customer requests and changes in buying trends and communication to those responsible for buying and controlling stock.
• Ensure the store is fully staffed whenever the business is open for trading.
• Providing solution focused feedback to improve products and services within the business
Who we are looking for:
To gain the most from this varied and challenging role, you must have a real passion for jewellery, timepieces, silverware and luxury gifts. To be considered for the Store Manager role your professionalism and dedication to ensure customers have a great experience must be unshakeable.
You will have proven success as a retail manager, powerful leading experience and business orientation, customer management skills, strong organisational abilities, effective communication and interpersonal skills. You will be a proactive individual with excellent influencing skills, with a strong work ethic. Your diplomacy, assertiveness, and customer service management skills will be essential to handle any queries or complaints from customers. Likewise, your verbal and written communications skills must be excellent.
What can you expect from the role
This is a wonderful opportunity for you to gain exposure in a business of high end jewellery, watches, silverware and exclusive luxury gifts. In this role you will be given the autonomy to manage the showroom in a very unique retail environment where you can really have the opportunity to deliver all the requirements to help meet the company’s strategic goals.
Finally, you will enjoy huge job satisfaction, no two days will be the same and you will be working in a company that is exciting and successful. You will be handling the most beautiful and stunning pieces on a daily basis and you will be working with a team of people that are passionate and take great pride in the service they provide.
If this sounds like the ideal role and you have the experience we are asking for then please send your CV with a covering email explaining why we should consider you for the role.
(Please note we regret to inform that we are unable to process applications for people who do not meet all the requirements of the role.)