Senior Distribution Systems Specialist
Senior Distribution Systems SpecialistSalary Range: £30,000 - £40,000 per year
VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional Senior Distribution Systems Specialist. This position is based in Bardon, Leicestershire, UK.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let's Talk about the Role
As a Senior Distribution Systems Specialist, you will work as part of the of the Industrial Engineering Team and support the DT/IT Systems Support Teams.
You will demonstrate strong leaderships skills to establish best operator practise in systems interaction and processes and ensure that all system interactions are documented, and those documented processes have governance & change management principles built in
How You Will Make a Difference
* Delivery of process standards including documented Process Flows, Standard Operating Procedures and Value Stream Mapping
* Identifying and Eliminating waste in the process and understanding the value of the improvements
* Monitoring and reporting faults & unexpected behaviour to resolver groups
* Sharing knowledge and training others in being able to investigate and analyse systemic issues
* Reviewing storage and conveyor utilisation at every process stage to minimise storage requirement and transport movements with the intention of maximising efficiency through improvement projects
* Developing metrics to measure capacity output and identify process flow bottlenecks
Skills for Success
You should be someone who has previous experience in a Systems Specialist, Continuous Improvement, or Industrial Engineer Role with:
* Strong communication skills who is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly and concisely and is confident in reporting to all levels of the business
* A good analytical background who is able to understand data and systems flow
* A detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of warehouse control systems (WCS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) for automated distribution centres
* Experience of working in a large-scale automated distribution facility, preferably with experience of working with multiple MHE solution providers
* An understanding of Process Flows, Value Streams, and Identifying Waste in processes
* Who can quickly interrogate and analyse information to influence decision making, and be confident in their outcomes with regards to benefits and reasoning
What's in it For You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package:
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
* Subsidised canteen and break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
* Health Shield membership and access to numerous health and wellbeing initiatives including an on-site gym
* 28 days holiday rising to 34 with length of service and your birthday off
* Smart pension scheme - 8% employer contribution
* Free secure onsite parking and discounts with local public transport
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!