This well-known supermarket brand is currently looking for a purchasing manager, to join them in their head office in Tottenham.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure good stock availability for all key products, imported and local products which will enable optimum performance, profitability, and increase in turnover.
• Deliver a balanced, wide variety and profitable product range for each location, which reflect the current market trends and local customer demand
• Negotiate competitive prices from suppliers as well as secure promotional deals
• Monitor and ensure store product queries are processed immediately by the Purchasing department
• Produce weekly reports for stock availability, product/category performance, range changes, and current market information
• Source new suppliers and product lines and propose to Directors
• Oversee and review the Marketing promotions with Purchasing and Marketing teams.
• Review and develop Loon Fung’s purchasing and pricing strategy
• Manage a profitable exit plan for discontinued items and seasonal items
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience as a purchasing manager or similar in a food retail environment.
Benefits of the role
• A competitive salary of up to £40,000
• Food discount and loyalty card
• Parking included
My client is London's oldest established supplier of oriental foods, they offer a comprehensive range of products to meet the needs of domestic and large catering customers, with over five stores in the London area. Described as a successful family business, they have a great visual aesthetic to the store, offering different wholesale products every week. For more information on the role, please apply to the role with your CV and contact details.