Working for this ambitious, growing company. This is a key role with considerable opportunity for the right candidate to develop their broader commercial and managerial skills. You will join this team initially with a focus on our sportswear business, where you will oversee ordering and production planning with our overseas and UK manufacturing partners.
You will need to have some merchandising experience already. You will be data and IT literate and confident using excel and learning new systems.
• Take responsibility for our sportswear ordering, ensuring that our requirements are clearly forecasted and communicated to our suppliers in the UK and overseas
• With the buying team to ensure that our production partners have capacity booked and are clear on our requirements and critical path deadlines.
• Process Development - we have a major change project underway to streamline our merchandising processes. You will feel able to bring a fresh perspective to this project, able to understand the existing operation and meld it with best practice learned elsewhere.
To succeed in this role you will be:
• Process Driven - able to understand and analyse the existing merchandising processes and implement changes
• IT Literate - able to work with IT systems to access data and present it clearly. You will also be comfortable working with our in-house IT development team to improve our systems
• Assertive, able to articulate your views to the team and the supplier base to achieve the required results
• Change Orientated - keen to work in a new model which breaks down traditional retailing hierarchies in the pursuit of customer excellence.
Some work from home offered.