Online Trading Manager
About the Role
Retail is ever changing and as we continue to transform our stores and grow our online proposition to meet increasing customer demand, we are looking for customer focused leaders to drive service excellence across our online operation.
Our Online Trading Managers are accountable for the delivery of the day-to-day operational standards within all areas of the online department. The successful applicant will be obsessed about our purpose and our customers, ensuring our customers have an outstanding online shopping experience.
• Be accountable for the online service team and driver performance, including resourcing within the model, pick speed, customer measure outputs and wage budgets, recruitment, and rota planning
• Be a strong coach and mentor to your section leaders and colleagues, driving a high-performance culture
• Lead HR through the line including all aspects of the colleague lifecycle
• Drive compliance around weekly van checks and food safety
• Be a custodian of our ‘Leading Asda' leadership values
• Embrace and deliver change through effective engagement strategies
• Act as a custodian of diversity and inclusivity
• Identify opportunities and challenges and respond at pace
As part of the leadership team, you will work a three-week rolling rota including weekends, early mornings, evenings and late nights. At times, you may be solely responsible for the store, and therefore you will need to be confident in overseeing operation in its entirety.
If you're looking for an opportunity to develop in retail management, this could be the opportunity for you.
You will have a proven track record in delivering operational excellence. You will be able to work in a fast-paced environment, be adaptable to change as well as having an eye for detail and an ability to execute plans first time. You will be agile and an effective decision maker.
You will be a strong communicator, connecting with your team to engage them in your plans. You will be a strong coach and mentor to all colleagues, passionate about leading a high performing team and strive for service excellence. You will demonstrate strong resilience under pressure.
Imagine being part of the evolving world of retail and the difference you can make every day to a customer shopping experience, this is the great opportunity you have in this role.
Alongside a competitive salary, you'll get lots of other great benefits too, including a competitive pension scheme, 10% off your Asda shopping, incentive schemes, bonus scheme and discounts across a range of services and activities, from airport parking to theme parks and cinemas.
Up for the challenge? Apply today by completing an online application…