This role is with a luxury heritage brand to join their menswear team at the head office, covering outerwear and leather products.
Your main responsibilities will be to design and develop the men's collection in line with the company strategy. This role will focus on supporting existing cross-categories of men's departments, primarily within woven; including but not limited to, outerwear, commercial ranges and catwalk styles. A key part of the role involves extensive innovation-research, development and implementation of new techniques, shapes and constructions that can be applied across categories.
- Design seasonal, continuity, flash design concepts, directions, themes, fabrics, colours and the creation of mood boards and presentation tools
- Follow the development time table
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the Senior Menswear designer through every stage of the development process
- Work with the Product Managers for woven to meet the design and costing requirements as detailed in the menswear commercial brief
- Working with the Fabric developer and related partners on the sourcing of fabrics, trims and components
- Working with garment technologist on the fittings of garments internally and on occasion at suppliers.
- To interface with garment technologists with regards to size specifications, technical construction and the suitability of fabric for end use.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent and commercial look within the menswear category but also to push new innovations within key categories
- Assist with the set up of showrooms
- Assist with the styling of the collection for shows, presentations and marketing/promotional tools
You will have a forward-thinking and modern understanding of global relevant menswear and fashion, as well as a commercial sensibility. You will be creative with exceptional research and development skills, while able to demonstrate an understanding of progressive relevant style and luxury.
Must have 3+ years experience within a luxury company and a strong supporting portfolio to be considered for the role.