Store Manager - Maternity Cover
North West, Cheshire, Lancashire, Westmorland, Cumberland
We extremely excited to announce that we are recruiting for a passionate, motivated Store Manager to provide maternity leave cover for a period of 12 months.
This is a unique opportunity to grow your skills as a retail manager, the successful candidate will be provided with an opportunity to showcase their ability to drive operational excellence in all areas of the store to achieve the stores commercial plan and deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers. Alongside supporting colleagues at all levels to feel valued, proud and part of Booths.
We currently have vacancies in the North West.
What you will need:
• At least 12 months experience in a retail management role.
• Commercial awareness.
The assessment centres for these vacancies are currently scheduled to take place early December with a view to making appointments early in the new year.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
1. To manage the financial performance of the store prioritising store resources, controlling costs to drive service, sales and deliver profit.
2. Work within defined budget to deliver key performance indicators, continually seeking to drive store performance.
3. Oversee the organisation and planning of all operational elements within the store e.g colleague scheduling, replenishment etc to ensure resources are organised to maximise service, availability, quality and safe and legal standards within the store.
4. Role model a culture of Safe and Legal compliance through continuous coaching, robust store routines and processes.
5. Lead change within the store taking time to understand the reasons for the change, the impact of the change on the store demonstrating a positive attitude and resilience to change.
6. Regularly review the performance of the management teams in each store, setting clear and SMART objectives for direct reports, holding honest and challenging conversations to support colleagues personal development.
7. Proactively manage and develop the talent within your store through regular reviews, career discussions, training plans and succession planning.
8. Planning and prioritising effectively to lead the store team in delivering the store and company vision in line with colleague and company values.
9. To be an active member of the Regional Store Management team. Providing input into the Retail strategy.
10. To be an active member of the local community/build the Booths brand in the location of the store.
11. To manage own personal development
12. To demonstrate and role model the Booths values.
You need to show us that you have the following:
• GCSE maths and English grade A – C (Essential)
• Basic Food Hygiene certificate or equivalent (Essential)
• Basic Health and Safety certificate or equivalent (Essential)
• Knowledge of food retailing and distribution at management level (Essential)
• Company information – policies, procedures and structures (Essential)
• Statutory regulations involved in food retailing (Essential)
• High level of competency in verbal and written communication and engagement. (Essential)
• Develop and apply resources, methods, systems and procedures in the most effective and efficient way. (Essential)
• Problem solving; an inbuilt desire to find solutions to problems in store and see the solution through to completion. (Essential)
• To lead and influence using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals toward achievement of tasks; modifying behaviour to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved (Essential)
• Ability to work under pressure and to manage a diverse workload with competing priorities. (Essential)
• To always listen and learn from everything you do (Essential)
• To own the things you are involved in and involve those around you in them too (Essential)
• To care about what you do and understand what makes us special and different (Essential)
• To make, take and own decisions (Essential)
• To always be honest and stand up for what you believe in. (Essential)
• To support those around you, being mindful of treating others as we would want to be treated
• Inspire and lead your team and other teams in store, specifically in times of change and pressure. (Essential)
• Perseverance, a desire to never give up, continue to seek improvements in the face of challenge or resistance. (Essential)
• Experience of working in food retail (Desirable)
• Experience of a managerial position in food retail (Desirable)
• Experience of leading a team in a retail environment. (Desirable)
• Experience of, and enthusiasm for, leading and supporting change initiatives (Essential)
• Experience of developing others (Essential)
• Experience of Booths processes and procedures in respect of people, availability and safe and legal (Essential)
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
• Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..