North West (Lancashire and Cumbria) and Yorkshire
Booths is more than just a well loved store. It's a family. Maybe it's because we've been a family-run business since 1847, but joining our team really does feel like joining a caring, supportive family. You feel special.
As part of the store management team as well as having area specific accountabilities (detailed in responsibilities below) you will also be accountable for managing day to day store operations,. Therefore you will be commercially focused with a passion for exceeding customer expectations. You will have strong people skills leading by example, motivating, inspiring and engaging your team to drive sales and deliver an exceptional shopping experience for our customers.
We currently have vacancies in Lancashire, Cumbria & Yorkshire.
What you will need:
• At least 6 months experience of managing people in a retail environment.
• Commercial awareness.
The assessment centres for these vacancies are currently scheduled to take place early December with a view to making appointments early in the new year.
Booths Offers you some Amazing Benefits:
• Colleague Discount Card (including a second card for a family member) after qualifying service with 20% off all purchases
• Access to an Occupational Health provider
• Opportunity to join the Healthshield Insurance Scheme
• Company Pension
• Colleague Bonus Scheme
• Long Service Awards
The Trading Manager will be accountable for Presentation of the Booths brand, POS/marketing materials, Manage and lead execution of shop floor changes, Ensure highest possible standard of replenishment and availability, Ensure highest standards of shop keeping, Ensure outstanding customer experience, Back of house operation.
The Specialist Manager will be accountable for management of all areas of the store which provide specialist knowledge and advice to the customer.
To ensure that employees within these teams have the right knowledge skills and behaviours to deliver excellent in-depth service in these areas. Responsible for execution of events tasting/talking in these areas ensuring availability of product, relevant knowledge and that right people right place right time is maintained.
The Process Manager will be accountable for ensuring that all safe and legal practices are adhered to and challenging adherence and continuous improvement.
Work with Process Supervisor to ensure that all aspects of the employment journey are completed satisfactorily and that all employees are engaged, communicated with and valued.
Overall responsibility for inventory systems in store. Liaising with colleagues as necessary to ensure completion and maintenance of standards.
Accountable for in store scheduling to ensure we have right people in the right place at the right time.
Responsible for the Total Loss Process including shrink and wastage monitoring and improvement.
You need to show us that you have the following:
• Management level knowledge of food retailing and information
• Statutory regulations involved in food retailing
• Company information- policies, procedures and structure
• General product knowledge
• IT systems
• High level of competency in verbal and written communication and engagement
• Administration skills, ability to prioritise, organise and continually improve administration processes
• Ability to effectively delegate and engage colleagues in delivering tasks
• Develop and apply resources, methods systems and procedures in the most effective and efficient way
• Problem solving an inbuilt desire to find solutions to problems in store and see that solution through to completion
• Ownership- take ownership of any issues or problem that you are faced with and inspire those behaviours in others
• Inspire and lead your team and other teams in stores, specifically in times of change and pressure
• Perseverance, a desire to never give up, continue to seek improvements in the face of challenge or resistance
• Meticulous eye to detail is required in this role to ensure absolute compliance to in store procedures
• To always listen and learn from everything you do
• To own the things you are involved in and involve those around you in them too
• To care about what you do and understand what makes up special and different
• To make, take and own decisions
• To always be honest and stand up for what you believe in
• To support those around you, being mindful of treating others as we would want to be treated
• Experience of leading a team
• Experience of a managerial position in a retail environment
• Experience of store processes and procedures in respect of people, availability and safe and legal
How we do things at Booths
Booths believes that how we behave and carry on our business, with our customers and with each other, is what makes us different from our competitors and what makes us special. What we value most at Booths and will want you to demonstrate can be summarised briefly by the following six behaviours:
• Customer Happiness
Like the idea of family life? Join us…..