Here at The Edinburgh Woollen Mill we have a fantastic opportunity for a Ladieswear Merchandiser to join our Merchandising team based at our Head Office in Carlisle. Relocation package avaliable.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking business and have a job with excellent career prospects, we would love to hear from you.
As well as being part of an exciting and dynamic team you will also have the opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualification within your first 18 months if you wish to do so.
The primary function of the role is to maximise sales and margin through effective planning and trading of the division.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Utilising the historic data & trends complete the planning and the implementation of
department and product strategy for sales, profit and stock in line with agreed objectives and
in line with the critical path dates.
2. To manage all elements of range planning, sales planning, space planning, profit planning and
3. To ensure range plans, product brief, design brief are completed in full to agreed dates
within the critical path and are progressed effectively. Ensure correct balance, depth and
breadth of content within range plan down to store level. Ensure target cost and selling
process meet agreed planning parameters for the department and deliver value. Ensure
volumes are planned in line with selling period and sell through.
4. To ensure amendments to the product/design brief are communicated effectively and agreed
5. To review sales, space, stock, profit performance and trends to maximise sales and margin.
6. To plan (in line with the range plan process) and manage promotions to agreed objectives
(content, volume, timing, sales, margin) and evaluate, review and react as required to
7. To ensure optimum merchandise availability.
8. To control co-ordination of open-to-buy ensuring sales and intake are consistent with agreed
stock levels and adjusted in line with over/under performance and authorised.
9. To plan and manage stockbuy requirement by month/division/profile to ensure product
content/volumes/timing is in line with agreed objectives and planned as part of the range
10. To develop a thorough knowledge of the stores/competition opportunities through store visits.
11. To effectively manage allocation and replenishment of stock.
12. To manage the EDF file as required ensuring all information is accurately updated as
13. Supplier Management (agreed areas) on a weekly basis ensure on time/in full deliveries and
compliance with Company requirements for delivery.
14. Completion of all requirements in line with the critical path.
15. To manage and develop reporting Allocators.
Candidates must have:
3 years’ experience in Merchandising, with at least 1 year trading your own dept and managing a team.
Extensive knowledge of all merchandising processes.
Ability to adapt to in-house forecasting tools and systems.
Strong analytical and strategic mind.
Strong written and verbal communication, with excellent listening & questioning techniques.
Advanced knowledge of Excel
Strong commercial awareness