IT Desktop Engineer
Here at Bonmarche we have a fantastic opportunity for an IT Desktop Support Technician based in our Head Office Wakefield.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking business and have a job with excellent career prospects, we would love to hear from you.
As a Desktop Support Technician, you will work within the IT Infrastructure Team being tasked to the IT Infrastructure Manager. Your primarily role is to support and maintain desktops, laptops, software, and associated peripherals. Duties of this position include the installation, configuration, and support of operating systems and applications; participation in remote site administration; and production support activities.
Key Role Responsibilities:
As part of fulfilling the role, the individual will be required to perform key responsibilities:
· Responding to end user support requests.
· Contacting end users to find out the nature of the problem.
· Potential travel to satellite offices and ability to work after hours when necessary.
· Troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
· Store IT support.
· Installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
· Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
· Completing job reports and ordering supplies.
· Knowledge of popular operating systems, software applications, and remote connection systems.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent punctuality skills
· Previous experience in a similar role
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills and use new types of information
· Ability to prioritise and perform the required solution
Competency in installing, diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing computer hardware and software on PCs and related equipment
· Microsoft Office technology experience.
· Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking.
· Basic understanding of backup technologies.
· Previous experience with Adobe products