Distribution Systems Specialist
Distribution Systems Specialist
Monday - Friday / 8.30am - 5pm
VF Corporation is looking for an exceptional Distribution Systems Specialist. This position is based in Bardon, Leicestershire, UK.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let's Talk about the Role
As part of of our DC Project Team, the DC Systems Specialist will establish best operator practice in systems interaction and processes.
The role works with key stakeholders in DC Operations, DC Flow Room and Engineering Teams to ensure standardisation of process across Order Flow (Waving), Line Balancing and Site Efficiency. The DC Systems Specialist represents the DC in cross-function, cross-business projects to ensure the best interests of the DC systems and processes are upheld.
How You Will Make a Difference
* Delivery of process standards including documented Process Flows, Standard Operating Procedures and Value Stream Mapping
* Identifying and Eliminating waste in the process and understanding the value of the improvements
* Monitoring and reporting faults & unexpected behaviour to resolver groups
* Ensuring process adherence from operations through a robust Audit process
* Be proactive and forward thinking when dealing with unexpected system and equipment behaviour
* Reviewing storage and conveyor utilisation at every process stage to minimise storage requirement and transport movements
* Measure the benefit of process improvements through a financial pay-back to the business. Build efficiency improvements into system processes and through the change management process.
* Work alongside the Flow Room team to ensure workflow (waving) delivery & Management of system parameters are captured and understood to ensure optimal flow of product throughout the systems
* Work with the Lead Project Manager to deliver testing, feasibility and hyper care for future, and current projects and initiatives.
Skills for Success
You should be someone who has previous experience with Distribution Centre Systems (WMS,WCS or equivalent) who has had significant exposure to the use of Manhattan PKMS 2020 WMS or similar with:
* Strong communication skills who is able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences, clearly and concisely
* Strong peer to peer management, experienced in relationships for both internal and external teams
* A good analytical background who is able to understand data and systems flow
* A detailed understanding of the functionality and operation of warehouse control systems (WCS) and Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) for automated distribution centres
* Experience of working in a large-scale automated distribution facility, preferably with experience of working with multiple MHE solution providers
* An understanding of Process Flows, Value Streams, and Identifying Waste in processes
What's in it For You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package:
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
* Subsidised canteen and break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
* Health Shield membership and access to numerous health and wellbeing initiatives including an on-site gym
* 28 days holiday rising to 34 with length of service and your birthday off
* Smart pension scheme - 8% employer contribution
* Free secure onsite parking and discounts with local public transport
* A discount card with 50% off on all VF brands
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!