Buyer Beauty Accessories
Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We're a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people - they make the difference. We're all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
Here's the exciting bit...a day includes
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and exceptional Buyer to join our close-knit team based in our fabulous
offices right by East Croydon station.
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate, driven and committed to a career in buying.
Working on Beauty Accessories, you will seek to maximise sales and profit, with innovative ranging and product development.
This is a great opportunity to develop marketing leading Own Brand ranges whilst working with key brands to create an exclusive and unique assortment.
A proven background in buying is key to this role, as well as a strong understanding of the market and customer. You will have experience buying brands, developing product with a creative eye and an awareness of current retail trends.
1. Develop implement and deliver category plans including range reviews, promotions pricing and stock that are consistent with overall commercial strategy and financial objectives.
2. Develop Own Brand ranges and plans including new product development, value strategy including cost optimisation and promotion, whilst managing stock to deliver overall category strategy, brand consistency and financial targets
3. Collaborate with the Marketing team to develop and implement marketing promotion plans and strategies that are relevant to category; adhere to legislation and brand guidelines'; and clearly and effectively communicate with the customer, driving footfall and profitable sales.
4. Review and evaluate the effectiveness of promotions, taking appropriate action where necessary, and sharing best practice with peers and other stakeholders.
5. Working in partnership with the Merchandising team, agree merchandising strategy that drives and delivers right range in the right store; ensuring availability in store; and control of slow moving stock.
6. Identify and implement new product opportunities both via Brand and through Own Brand that are competitively priced, commercially viable and meet customer needs, driving sales and profitability.
What you'll need to succeed
• Experience gained in a Buyer or Junior Buyer role
• Customer Focused
• Able to make data led decision and to be analytical
• Ability to influence at all levels
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Super strong negotiation skills
Whats in it for you
• Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative office right by East Croydon station
• On-site beauty treatments, table tennis and café with a fantastic selection of hot and cold food every day
• Health and beauty giveaways from suppliers
Come and be part of something special.