Assistant Store Manager
Settle, North Yorkshire
Here at The Edinburgh Woollen Mill we have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Store Manager at our Watershed Mill store in Settle.
If you would like to be part of a forward-thinking business and have a job with excellent career prospects, we would love to hear from you.
As well as being part of an exciting and dynamic team you will also have the opportunity to gain an industry recognised qualification within your first 18 months of you wish to do so.
To proactively support the Store Manager in maximising sales through promoting excellent customer service and creating a culture which puts the customer first. Ensuring high retail standards are implemented and maintained in order to maximise profits. Support the development of Sales Colleagues, Supervisor and in the absence of the Store Manager be accountable for the efficient operation of the store.
Main Areas of Accountability
- To maximise sales by always putting the customer first. Considers the customer in all areas of activity and exceeds the customers expectations to create a memorable shopping experience.
- Provide clear communication and direction, ensuring the team is motivated and aware of the Retail Strategy.
- Create opportunities for development and succession through regular on the job training ensuring the team are multi-skilled. Ensure personal development plans are kept live and objectives are set and reviewed.
- Embraces change and responds positively to new Company initiatives and directives.
- Proactively promotes multi-channel opportunities and engages and involves the team as and when required.
- Seek opportunities to market the brand through external events and PR opportunities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of business objectives, current performance indicators and utilise all commercial reports effectively.
- Implement and maintain high visual merchandising standards to ensure consistency across the brand in our visual proposition.
- Develop and implement proactive solutions and actions in order to meet business objectives.
- Demonstrate drive and the ability to manage time effectively. -
- Prioritise tasks in order to deliver high standards in both shop floor and back of store areas.
- To communicate effectively with all areas of the business, establishing personal credibility and building strong relationships both internal and external.
- To adhere to all Company regulations regarding store operations and Company policies, procedures, Health and Safety guidelines and security processes.
The above is a broad definition of the job responsibilities. It does not take into account every aspect of the job because of the areas of flexibility, which the job holder may be required to perform.
- To operate in an open and even handed manner with all colleagues across the business. Treat all who we interact with, with courtesy and respect, treating everyone equally and embracing differences. Encourage everyone to achieve maximum potential and deliver a friendly service
- To proactively contribute to teamwork and cross-functional working. - To listen to each other and share knowledge enabling us to willingly combine expertise across the business
- Behaving with integrity and demonstrating professionalism at all times. To always do what is right.
- To take personal responsibility & accountability for actions, constantly striving to improve and exceed expectations ensuring safety and quality are never compromised.