Assistant Store Manager
This entry level position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the overall daily operations of the store to maximize sales and profits by taking responsibility for all aspects of the store's operations while playing an active role on the sales floor. In the Store Manager's absence, this position will take on the responsibilities of the Manager.
Assistant Store Manager
Ashford Designer Outlet, Ashford
Timberland's vision is to be the largest, most sustainable outdoor lifestyle brand on Earth. In pursuit of this bold goal, we strive to be Earthkeepers in everything we do. We work hard to make our products responsibly, to protect and restore the outdoors, and to serve the communities around the globe where we live, work and explore. In our view, making premium, beautifully crafted products for the outdoor lifestyle, and being a responsible corporate citizen, are inextricably linked. It's simply how we do business.
We're on the lookout for an Assistant Store Manager to join our outlet store in Ashford Designer Outlet, Ashford; someone with passion, knowledge and enthusiasm to bring our brand to life.
As an Assistant Store Manager you will:
* ensure sales growth
* lead and deliver high levels of customer care
* merchandise creatively
* manage stock, H&S and administration efficiently
* plus, you'll provide cover in the Store Managers absence
* play a role in staff development, recruitment and training
* ensure your team members share the brands values of fashion and lifestyle
To join as an ASM us you'll need to demonstrate
* Management experience (experience as an Assistant Manager within a fashion lifestyle branded multiple or high profile independent retailer strong people management skills)
* the ability to lead and motivate the team by setting a positive, hands on example which drives customer service
* be at ease organising and running team briefings, people management & motivational skills
* general knowledge about social media and other digital trends
* flexibility to work 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7, including evenings and weekends
* Computer literate including knowledge of MS Office (Excel and Outlook advantageous)
In return, we offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, staff uniform, staff discounts across the groups and a contributory pension scheme
The Inside Track
You may not be familiar with VF Corporation, but chances are that you know our brands quite well. From The North Face® jackets to Timberland® boots, we outfit people of all walks of life. In fact, we have more than 30 brands that serve consumers around the world.
Organized in 1899, VF has grown to be a global leader in branded lifestyle apparel and footwear with about 60,000 associates. While VF is highly diversified across brands, products, distribution channels and geographies, our one-company approach to doing business provides a unique and powerful competitive advantage.
Our five largest brands are The North Face®, Vans®, Wrangler®, Timberland®, and Lee®.
Due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we will only contact successful candidates for the interview stage.