Assistant Store Manager
Tempur Sealy Inc is the world’s leading premium mattress and pillow company. Tempur is focused on developing, manufacturing and marketing advanced sleep surfaces that improve the quality of life for people around the world. Tempur UK Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of Tempur Sealy Inc and employs over 148 staff and we have been successful for over 20 years in the UK market. We are a multi-channel company and growing strongly. We sell unique, innovative products to many leading retailers including John Lewis, Bensons for Beds, Debenhams, Dreams and Furniture Village.
Purpose of the role
As Assistant Store Manager you will support the Store Manager and have accountability for managing all aspects of the store. You are required to provide leadership, organisation and motivation to a team of Sales Associates. You will be able to deliver exceptional customer service and through your leadership you will be able to develop the team to be ambassadors of the brand.
• Support Store Manager for all daily operations across the store
• Lead and motivate the team to consistently ensure they deliver an excellent customer journey experience through quality conversations, positive attitude, excellent product knowledge and networking skills
• Lead, motivate and inspire the team to deliver and exceed targets
• Communicating with Manager on customers concerns or employee relations
• Ensure your store is always Super Fit To Trade and promote the Tempur Brand
• To drive sales through; repeat customer, perfect merchandising, etc.
• Have excellent knowledge of all products, be knowledgeable about the benefits and uses of each product
• Ensure that you are aware of all promotions and marketing activities
• Support your Store Manager in developing, mentoring and training all of the team ensuring that they have the necessary skills to carry out the job.
• Manage store when the Store Manager is away from the business providing effective communication
• Support Store Manager in the operational compliance of the store through timely & accurate implementation of all company Health & Safety, Administrational & Security directives.
• Ensure all store operations are compliant with the health and safety policies.
• Handling sales transactions, which include operating cash registers
• Uphold store cleanliness standards and external areas are kept in good order
• Participate in the processing of new deliveries and help the team to keep the receiving and back stock area clean and organized
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
• At least 1 years demonstrable experience gained as Assistant Manager/Supervisor or Senior Sales Associate within a premium brand
• Enthusiastic, self-confident, well presented and self-motivated
• Passionate about delivering exceptional customer service
• Be driven to deliver and exceed sales results
• Be a role model and lead by example
• Shows innovation and initiative
• Operate with honesty and integrity
• Have a friendly and engaging personality
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Be able to maintain positive relationships with their co-workers
• Adhere to all company’s policies and procedures
• Must be able to work and willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the business