Assistant Manager - Lakeside
Flying Tiger Copenhagen started in 1995 in stylish Copenhagen. We have developed from a modest outlet to a recognised chain with 900 stores across 30 countries.
We opened our first UK store in Basingstoke in 2005, opening stores nationwide since then and are embarking on an ambitious UK expansion plan.
Our mission is to provide our customers with stylish products, in a fun and pleasant environment, at astonishingly good value. Flying Tiger Copenhagen is a variety store with a difference.
We look for staff who are enthusiastic and passionate about retail. Ambition and common sense matched with creative thinking and bags of enthusiasm are the key qualities we look for.
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Manager to join our Bracknell store!
Assistant Manager: Job overview
The Assistant Manager is in charge of the day to day running of the store and management of the store team, with input from the Store Manager and Area Manager.
The Assistant Manager is responsible for replenishment and merchandising; ensuring the shop floor is well-presented to customers to maximize sales and the store team delivers professional, friendly and timely customer service.
Assistant Manager: Key responsibilities
• Deputizing for the Store Manager, take responsibility for opening and closing procedures, housekeeping and assisting with general store administration
• Working as part of a team, motivate and engage staff on the shop floor to ensure targets are met and set outcomes are effectively achieved
• Ensure that good product knowledge is maintained and be ready and able to assist customers
• Ensure all staff mirror Flying Tiger Copenhagen’s approach to customer service, delivering genuinely friendly, helpful and flexible customer service, listening to the customer and anticipating their needs
• Ensure all staff comply with Flying Tiger Copenhagen’s policies and practices in relation to Security and Health and Safety
• Ensure proper stock rotation practices and monitor sell by dates
• Assist with stock deliveries, pricing of stock and bringing it to the shop floor
• Accurately operate the tills ensuring payments are taken efficiently and without error
• In consultation with the Store Manager help to develop and train store staff
• Assist the Store Manager with employment interviews when required
• In the absence of the Store Manager;
• Prepare and submit daily sales figures as well as a daily floor plan (or approving the floor plan prepared by the Store Supervisor), managing the rota’s to accommodate unplanned absence
• Prepare twice weekly stock replenishment orders for review by the Area Manager (and revisions to orders where appropriate), maintaining a thorough understanding of the stock list, what items are on order and when deliveries are due
• Ensure effective management of merchandising, building in variances in daily and seasonal trading, ensuring that all departments are appropriately stocked and displayed according to Flying Tiger Copenhagen guideline
Assistant Manager: The Person
• Minimum of 2 years management experience in a fast-paced company
• Organized with proven ability to prioritize and lead a team
• Flexible and adaptable in your approach with the ability to multi-task
• Self-managed and able to hit the ground running
• Good problem solving and decision making skills
• Excellent communication and coaching skills via written (including MS Outlook, Excel and Word) and spoken English
• Ability to build a quick and strong rapport with other individuals
• Flexible with hours and peak periods of work essential
Flying Tiger Copenhagen offers a rewarding and fun place to work. We have a Scandinavian management style with a relaxed and professional attitude. Much effort is made to train, mentor and develop our teams.
If a career at Flying Tiger Copenhagen excites you and you have the necessary skills and experience we require, please send us your CV, salary details (current and required) and notice period.